The Summer Olympics are one of my favorite events and since it was held in Brazil this time, it inspired me to try making two of my favorite Brazilian treats. First up – pao de queijo – Brazilian cheese bread! You can’t just have one! I followed this recipe.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tapioca flour (I ordered from Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour from Amazon)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large pot, heat up olive oil, water, milk, and salt. Stir occasionally until mixture starts to boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in tapioca flour and garlic. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and beaten eggs.
- Shape the mixture into about 2 inch balls.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.