Ingredients – Pie Crust:
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of ice water
Directions – Pie Crust:
- Combine flour and salt.
- Cut in the butter so that it looks like small crumbs.
- Mix flour and butter while slowly adding water until mixture becomes a ball.
- Wrap the pie crust in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Note: This makes one 9-inch make crust. To make 4 mini pies, make two pie crusts.
Ingredients – Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup of sliced celery
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 2 9-inch pie crusts
Directions – Chicken Pot Pie:
- Combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery in a saucepan. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes then drain and set aside.
- In another saucepan, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper and then chicken broth and milk. Simmer until thick.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the pie crusts and cut to the appropriate size.
- Grease the pan and put the bottom pie crust in.
- Place chicken mixture and the sauce in the pie pan
- Put top crust on and cut slits. Seal the top and bottom crust edges together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.