I’ve seen quite a few number of pins about making your own strawberry infused vodka, but just didn’t have the time to make it ahead of time for 4th of July celebrations. Instead, I decided on a strawberry vodka cocktail that could be made in 10 minutes, using the recipe found here.
- 4 larger strawberries, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of simple syrup (to make yourself – you need equal parts sugar and water, such as 1 cup of each)
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 strawberry for garnish
- To make the simple syrup, boil the water. Add in the sugar, stirring constantly until it dissolves. Allow the simply syrup to cool.
- Chop the strawberries into small enough pieces that you will be able to easily muddle them.
- Put the chopped strawberries and simple syrup in the cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Add the vodka, lemon juice, and ice. Shake the cocktail shaker and then strain and serve with a strawberry garnish.