Pinterest is my constant source of inspiration, and when I saw this pin, I immediately knew we had to try it for our ice cream project. These apple cups are a fun alternative to eating ice cream out of bowl since you can eat the cups themselves. It’s like eating apple pie flavored ice cream!
- Red apples
- Your choice of ice cream (Vanilla with caramel sauce, dulce de leche, buttered pecan are ones I imagine going well with the apple. We made Apple Cider Ice Cream, which I will share in the next post.)
- 15 minutes
- Cut off just barely the top of the apple.
- Use a knife and outline the portion of the apple you will hollow out. Remember to leave enough thickness in the apple.
- Use the knife to deepen the outline, so about a fourth of the apple’s bottom remains.
- Use a spoon to hollow out the apple.
- Sprinkle the inside of the apple with a pinch of sugar and a few pinches of cinnamon.
- Place the apples on a baking sheet and bake the apples at 350° F for about 10 minutes.
- Let the apples cool slightly and then fill them with ice cream – don’t forget you can eat the cups too!