Ingredients for French Toast:
- 1 loaf of French bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pint) of half-and-half
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 9″ x 13″ flat baking dish
Ingredients for Praline Topping:
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Idle Time: 8 hours (or overnight)
Bake Time: 40 minutes
- Slice the French bread into 1-inch slices and place the slices in two slightly overlapping rows in the buttered baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, half-and-half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt with a whisk or beater.
- Pour mixture over the bread slices, making sure all slices are covered. Spoon some of the mixture in between the slices.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350°
- To make the Praline Topping, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Evenly spread the Praline Topping over the soaked slices
- Bake for 40 minutes or until puffed and lightly golden.