I was inspired by these DIY coasters found on Pinterest and decided to take some of my Instagram pictures and make coasters out of them. You can do this project with any paper material.
- 4.25″ x 4.25″ ceramic tile
- 4″ x 4″ paper (If you are using color tile, I recommend layering the paper you are using with a white piece of paper because the color of the tile could show through otherwise)
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Clear Enamel Spray
- 3″ foam brush
- Cork Roll
- Gorilla Glue
- Unroll the cork roll and cut pieces that are 3.5″ by 3.5″ and place the cork square under a heavy object to flatten out the cork.
- Clean the ceramic tile. Apply a layer of Mod Podge and slowly place the 4″ x 4″ paper on the tile. Make sure to smooth out any bubbles.
- Let it dry for about 15 minutes or when the Mod Podge is hard and clear.
- Apply a layer of Mod Podge over the tile and image. Let it dry for about 15 minutes or when the Mod Podge is hard and clear. You need at least 3 layers of Mod Podge over the paper.
- Wait at least an hour after you applied the last layer of Mod Podge. Then apply 2 coats of the Clear Enamel Spray.
- Wait at least an hour for the spray to dry.
- Dampen the cork roll and the back of the tile. Then apply Gorilla Glue on the cork and place the cork on the back of the tile. Place the tile under a heavy object to allow the glue to seal. Be careful to not apply a lot of Gorilla Glue because it expands 3-4 times as it is drying.